Monday, November 30, 2009

The Importance of Plays

Plays have been around for many long years. A play is a very focused way of telling a story, in a way that can be seen with live people, rather than in text, or film. They are almost like reenactments of stories, from long ago, in which the audience can see the story better. I enjoy going to plays because even though you may have heard or read the story before, it takes on a new life when you see people acting it out in front of you. Shakespeare’s plays have been some of the most done plays in recent time. They take an immensely moving story and put it on the stage. I remember when I saw “Fiddler on the Roof” at the Orpheum some years back. Although I knew the story, seeing the play brought it to life in a way I had never experienced before. Performed dramatic plays are a vital part of story telling, and one of the most beneficial means of communicating a meaningful story.

No comments:

Post a Comment