Monday, October 12, 2009

Streetcar Named Desire

I saw streetcar on Thursday night at the Hattiloo Theater. The theater was nice, it was my first time there. As the play got started, i enjoyed the cultural slant of the play, especially involving the acting. The story of the play was held to fairly well; it did get slow at points though, the play was rather long. I was glad there was an intermission. I liked Stanley's character a good deal, but Blanche tended to annoy me at points. Overall, i liked the play because it put a different slant to Williams' play i think; while the plot was maintained, the way the play was done, characters, acting and environment made it somewhat of a new animal to me. I enjoyed seeing the play visualize Stanley's violent tendencies and Blanche's very eccentric behavior. The play was pretty good, if long, but i'm not sure it was worth 16 bucks. Such is college, i suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment