Monday, October 26, 2009

Peer Review

i thought peer review in class was interesting. It's been a long time since i have done peer review, probably since high school. It can sometimes be a intimidating thing to hand someone your paper and be at the mercy of their criticism. However, doing this very thing is often one of the most beneficial ways to improve your writing. The comments on my paper helped me restructure my paper better and see my paper from a different perspective. Many times when i'm writing, i'll write in one sitting and never look back at it with fresh eyes. Doing this, in addition to peer review will greatly improve one's writing i think. What is hard is critiquing someone else's work. You have to be objective and willing to actually have some constructive criticism, rather than simply placate someone so you don't have to be negative. It was more challenging to me to critique someone else's work, than to accept criticism of my own. But all in all i thought the experience was beneficial to the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment